- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/8-in. thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dough for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place tomatoes on a double layer of paper towels; sprinkle with salt. Cover with additional paper towels. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise. Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread pesto mixture over crust to within 2 in. of edge; top with ¼ cup feta. Arrange tomato slices on top; arrange cherry tomatoes on top, cut sides up. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup feta, Italian seasoning and pepper. Fold crust edges over filling, pleating as you go and leaving center uncovered. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush edges of crust with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until crust is crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, top with basil before serving.
1 piece: 315 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.