Prince Harry hits back at claims he inherited from Queen Mother’s £70million fortune
It has long been claimed Prince Harry had received millions of pounds from his great-grandmother, the late Queen Mother, after she died. But his representatives have denied this, and said the Duke was not a beneficiary of her £70million fortune.
The report comes after Prince Harry claimed he had been cut off from royal funding after stepping down as a senior royal.
He made the claim during his recent interview with Oprah Winfrey, where he said the couple’s recent signings with Spotify and Netflix were made to help his family receive an income after he only had Diana’s inheritance to survive on since stepping back as a senior member of the Royal Family.
But the Duke’s claim has been torn apart, with claims he had inherited millions from the late Queen Mother, who died in 2002.
It was reported the royal left an estimated £14million from her estate to her two great-grandsons, William and Harry.
At the time it was thought the bulk of the cash would go to Harry, as his older brother will end up benefitting financially when he eventually succeeds the throne.
But a representative for the Duke of Sussex told Forbes magazine he was not a beneficiary of any of the Queen Mother’s fortune.
The Queen Mother passed away on March 30, 2002, aged 101.
Her daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, made a moving speech to the nation one week after her death, on the eve of the funeral.