- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular or teriyaki SPAM, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook Spam until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, water chestnuts, cooled Spam and macaroni. Add dressing; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Top with green onions before serving.
3/4 cup: 351 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.