Kate Middleton’s hairdresser Richard Ward sits on a £1million post-lockdown jackpot

The Duchess of Cambridge‘s hairdresser is sitting on a £1 million post-lockdown jackpot after receiving an astonishing 4,000 pre- booking requests.

Richard Ward, who has been in charge of Kate’s locks since before her marriage to Prince William ten years ago, said he was ‘really excited’ about reopening his salon in London‘s Sloane Square on April 12.

The average cut and half-head of colour is rather more than a snip at about £275, meaning that the pent-up demand could be worth seven figures.

Richard Ward, who has been in charge of Kate’s locks since before her marriage to Prince William ten years ago

Richard Ward, who has been in charge of Kate’s locks since before her marriage to Prince William ten years ago

Richard Ward, who has been in charge of Kate’s locks since before her marriage to Prince William ten years ago

Mr Ward, pictured, who also styles the rest of the Middleton family, played down talk of a bonanza, suggesting trade may yet subside

Mr Ward, pictured, who also styles the rest of the Middleton family, played down talk of a bonanza, suggesting trade may yet subside

Mr Ward, pictured, who also styles the rest of the Middleton family, played down talk of a bonanza, suggesting trade may yet subside

Mr Ward told The Mail on Sunday: ‘We’ve had about 4,000 emails – that’s how many appointments were pending.

‘We are only opening the phone lines next week and we haven’t been allowing people to book online yet. We’ve had an extra 1,000 waiting for a haircut since last year’s lockdown.’

But Mr Ward, who also styles the rest of the Middleton family, played down talk of a bonanza, suggesting trade may yet subside.

He said: ‘It sounds amazing that we’ve all these clients booked but we will soon get through those, which will take a couple of months.

‘There are parts of the business that won’t see a return to normal until the country is properly open, which is why we know we will definitely be down 20 per cent from pre-Covid.

‘All the people who come to London for weddings and events and Wimbledon are gone.’

More Stories
Boris Johnson and Keir Starmer agree to suspend election campaigning