- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 5 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and jalapenos; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add corn; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
3/4 cup: 142 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.